Thanksgiving has come and gone. The mad holiday rush is ahead of many of us. But you don’t have to get caught up in the crazed shopping season. Why not start a new family holiday tradition? Travel somewhere new and explore the history of Southwest Colorado.
While many campgrounds are closed for the season, La Mesa RV Park is open year round. We’re close to Mesa Verde, Hovenweep, Lowry, Painted Hand, and many other historic Pueblo ruins sites. We’re also only 45 minutes from Historic Durango Colorado, which is also a great place to visit this time of year.
Plan your trip ahead of time. During your visit you can:
- Spend days hiking multiple Pueblo ruins
- Visit the Anasazi Historic Museum
- Spend a day in downtown Durango and visit all the interesting locally owned shops
- Take a mountain bike ride at Phil’s World, one of the best single tracks anywhere to be found
- See Mesa Verde during the off season
If you are planning ahead, be sure to reserve sooner rather than later. We’ve had a busy off season, so reservations are advised. Also, ask us about our weekly rates, so you get enough time here to really explore!